APSA strongly encourages postgraduate participation in its annual conference.
Six travel awards (of up to A$1,000 each) are offered every year to assist postgraduate students meet the cost of attending the APSA annual conference.
Postgraduate travel awards will be determined on the basis of the following criteria:
- Applicants must be a member of APSA (or in the process of joining at the time of applying for the Award).
- The amount granted will normally be to assist with travel expenses and registration fees.
- Applicants must be presenting a refereed paper at the conference.
- Applicants must have sought funding support from their home Department or School.
- Priority will be determined on a needs basis.
- Priority will be given to postgraduates who have not previously been awarded travel or other financial support from APSA.
- Applications will be assessed by members of the APSA Annual Conference Local Organizing Committee in consultation with the APSA National Executive.
- Successful applicants will be notified prior to the conference, and be reimbursed following the conference upon submission of all relevant receipts to the APSA National Office.